Saturday, December 17, 2005

Week 3, Brussels day!

Well the excitment today! I'm going to Brussels to meet Matthias, and look its snowing!

and heres the back of a belgium street...in the snow

and then it stopped snowing, and then it started raining, and then it was sunny! yay!

heres a gate house of Mechelen or something, I was it on the was to the station

and at this point I realised that my damn camera battery was damn flat!

then I got on the train, but there was no ticket place, or man on the train, wierd. and then I was on the train and I had to get off at Brussels Midi, so I was waiting and then Brussles midi came up on the screen, so I though that the next stop after this one Brussels Zuig, must be Brussels Midi. Then all of a sudden The logo on the screen changed and it was all in french. and the announcments were all just in french, and Brussels midi wasnt on the screen and woosh, there was Brussels I could see it going straight past me as I was whipped out into the country side :|

Then I got off somewhere in the middle of nowhere and waited for a train back (still with no ticket) I got back on another train, off at Brussels Midi and found Matthias at the info desk a mear 15 minutes late, although I was supposed to be there an hour early if all had gone to plan. but nevermind. I found him and off we went into the exciting world of Brussles!

First we went through the christmas market (busy busy) and through to some shops, and then another shop, and then he took me to the town square...

there the town hall

each of these buildings belonged to a different guild, and they all have their different mascots on the buildings. Very pretty square.






There's me and Mattias in a giant christmas decoration.





there we are again, at a bigger christmas decoration.



here's mattius.



after all this site seeing we decided to go see some site eating. mmm Brussels waffle. with cream and banana.



WOOO! yummy

heres me writing a postcard :p

THE PEEING BOY!

and me with all the peeing boy tourists!

and then we went to some comic shops and some other shops and some animationy type shops.
and then... beer

and matthias drawing



and the peeing girl!

Then we went for a LUSH meal in a Art nouveau restaurant type place and it was good! I had a meaty beef stew with fries and a Kwack beer.

and here I am with my kwack. and it didnt 'kwack' me when I finnished it either :D

then our final stop of the night was at this old bar, something to do with a cave. Anyway, it was cool! full of real brusselsy people and there was a keyboard player for karioke! WOOOO. I think I laughed a little to loud at someone who was singing really badly at one point. but it was ALLLLL good. I had muchas fun, and we drank beer and talked (about what I have faint memories) and then drank somemore.

and then it was back on the train back to Mechelen, and I didnt pay again :D YAAAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home